SHF 2017 - A Bungalow & a Revolution (30 Apr)
The former Sun Yat Sen Villa was an important instrument in Dr. Sun Yat Sen’s revolution. To uncover the full story of this house, we need to first look at how this building came to be by looking at:
The architectural story of this house – How did this type of house, of all the other types of houses, develop throughout history and eventually cross paths with a revolution.The historical account of a revolution – How Chinese revolutionary Sun Yat Sen used this house to plan three uprisings in the 1911 Chinese Revolution and create design for the Republic of China flag.
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event where you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. - unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall
(11am - 12pm) Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 (11am - 12pm) Student/Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00 (4pm - 5pm) Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 (4pm - 5pm) Student/Senior Citizen FULL
- Venue Address
- 12 Tai Gin Rd, Singapore 327874 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours1,344 Followers